Connecticut Avenue Securities
The Connecticut Avenue Securities® (CAS) program provides an opportunity to invest in a portion of the credit risk that Fannie Mae retains when we guarantee single-family mortgage-backed securities (MBS).
As of Q2 2023, $2.06T of unpaid principal balance of Single-Family mortgage loans are partially covered through CAS transactions, measured at the time of the transactions.
- Since our first CAS issuance in 2013, Fannie Mae has developed the most liquid market for single-family mortgage credit risk.
- As the largest manager of residential mortgage credit, we set the standard for managing credit risk throughout the life cycle of a mortgage – continuously innovating to reduce default risk and credit losses.
- Underlying reference pools are large and highly diversified, offering broad exposure to the U.S. housing market.
- Institutional investors can invest side-by-side with Fannie Mae in our geographically diverse credit book of business. Access information on our broad investor base.
- Data Dynamics®, our free analytics platform, allows investors to gain insights into historical loan performance trends, issuance profiles, and monthly performance.