MBS Disclosure Enhancement Reminder: Special Eligibility Program
In June 2021, Fannie Mae announced enhancements to its MBS disclosures to provide Special Eligibility Program information at the loan and pool level. Beginning August 16, the new attributes will be disclosed for September 2021 issuances in the daily files and will be available in the monthly disclosures beginning September 7, 2021.
The new attribute will be made available in both the Monthly Loan Level File and the Monthly Security Supplemental File for active loans with the effective dates below for the following enumerations:
- F – HFA Preferred™ / HFA Advantage® (Beginning January 1, 2015)
- H – HomeReady® / Home Possible® (Beginning January 1, 2016)
- R – RefiNow™ / Refi Possible™ (Beginning June 1, 2021)
- O – Other
- 7 – Not Applicable
- 9 – Not Available
Fannie Mae's temporary daily issuance files providing Special Eligibility Program information applicable to June, July and August issuances will cease publication after September 1, 2021 as the attribute will then be included in the aligned intraday issuance files.
To support market analysis, Fannie Mae will also release a one-time file on September 8, 2021 at 4:30 pm ET, that provides the Special Eligibility Program attribute for all loans in pools, irrespective of their status, with issue dates of:
- F – HFA Preferred: January 1, 2015 – August 1, 2021
- H – HomeReady: January 1, 2016 – August 1, 2021
- R – RefiNow: June 1, 2021 – August 1, 2021
- 7 – Not Applicable: January 1, 2015 – August 1, 2021
This one-time file will be pipe delimited and contain the following attributes: Loan Identifier, CUSIP, Security Identifier, and Special Eligibility Program as noted in the sample file.
For questions, please contact the Fannie Mae Investor Help Line at 1-800-232-6643, option 3 or by e-mail.